Thursday, March 12, 2015

Botany Lesson - Photosynthesis



I was looking for a fun visual activity to emphasize photosynthesis for students in our 'Rainbow Garden' botany class.
I found this neat idea .
But I thought I'd make it tastier.






So we have carbon atoms=blue, oxygen atoms=purple and hydrogen atoms=green



To make 6 water molecules and 6 carbon dioxide molecules.


They go into our green shamrock 'leaf' and we add some 'sun energy'.


Our plant makes....


...glucose and leaves us OXYGEN!!!



My students loved this activity!
It was fun to watch and listen as they made the glucose 'recipe'.
"Oh no, I did something wrong, I have extra."
and
"Hey, that's the oxygen they give us!!"

'Lightbulb' moments, it's what teaching is all about!


The grass withers and the flower fades but the word of our God will stand forever.
Isaiah 40:8

No comments:

Post a Comment